Monday, January 31, 2005

Stargate is my favorite show

Stargate is my favorite show. It's not one that most people keep up with, but I do! As I said in an earlier post, I love sci-fi, and this is a classic example. They discover this gate that can create a wormhole between worlds, they discover this big bad race called the Goa'uld that have these symbiotes that heal them and make them EVIL. Then there's this other race called the Jaffa that are slaves to the Goa'uld, and then there's all these other races like the Asgard, Tok'ra, Replicators, Ancients, and so many more. Really complicated, just the way I like sci-fi. That's just how it's supposed to be. Now there's another show called Stargate Atlantis that has another big bad life-sucking (quite literally) race called the Wraith. It's really good too. More weird races, impossible odds, you get the idea. Anyway they are both really good shows once you get into it and can understand what is happening.
Well last school week was very exciting- not- HAHAHAHA- oh excuse me. Wednesday was Logos and we talked about how who you are is not determined by how well you do in school. As important as school may be to me, this has never been a problem. I know that does not decide who I am. So, it wasn't that exciting. However I have a question to ask Lee for discussion, that being "Is Baptism a necessary part of becoming a Christian." Aramaia and I have been discussing this and I want to see what we can come up with at Logos. On Thursday they rescheduled Science Olympiad to that day, but I couldn't go because I had already told the yearbook teacher would help out that day. So that I did. Science Olympiad didn't have a large turnout because of the extremely short notice though, and apparently only about five people showed up. After helping out with yearbook I went to talk with the Science Olympiad teacher about what I missed. Crystal was talking to her at the time, so I joined the conversation. Apparently the Science Olympiad teacher is considering not going to the regional competition, but letting students that are still willing do their projects and try them out, so that we could still have Science Olympiad on our record this year. It's kind of sad how people refuse to work until the last minute, even though I am one of those people (I haven't gotten a chance to start working on Wright Stuff, the plane I need to build, but I plan to make it very soon). So, Friday I got out of school ON TIME! I'm used to having Science Olympiad that afternoon, so it was a nice break. Friday night I went to Youth Babysitting. I also called Alicia to confirm our "date" on Saturday (did I forget to mention that?). We went up to Greenville and went ice skating at the new rink there. A few of Aramaia's friends were there, and one I had met at Science Olympiad State Competition the year before, although I didn't recognize him right off. I had only been around him for a few hours then, I mean, what do you want from me? That was Aramaia's first time skating, but she did very well. I don't mean to broadcast the details over the internet, though. We both had a really good time. Afterwards we went back to her house and talked for a while. She showed me an essay she had written about the Holocaust. It was very well written; I can tell she is quite a writer. So we said our goodbyes and left because a "Winter weather alert" was in effect and they were predicting snow around four pm. There was no snow, however, and we had a safe ride home. I drove both ways. I talked to Fuzzy since I told him I would call, and went to bed. Sunday was a normal Sunday. Busy, as usual. Early church, then lunch, then we went to buy new dress shoes (I really needed them), I did my homework, went to youth, had dinner, and went to bed. Actually, there's one more thing. I talked to Aramaia that night. We have decided to do a Bible study on Romans together. We both read two chapters of Romans at night and one of us calls the other to talk about it the next day. So far it's been interesting, and I can tell it will help us tell what's going on in the other's life as well as let us know each other's beliefs better. This morning Dad didn't want to drive all the way out to Chick-fil-A, so I didn't go to prayer breakfast. Interesting event in English today though. Someone in class asks "What does "liberal" mean?" Well, Mrs. Liberal opens her mouth to speak, looks at me, and changes her mind. As she tries to explain what it means without bias, she stares at me waiting for any objections. Or, that's what it seemed like. She didn't say enough for me to have something to object to, though. She basically said (again, while staring intently at me) that it was like the "left side" of thinking. The person that asked the question was quick to point out that he was left-handed. It was hilarious! Mrs. Liberal then explained that she meant that in a completely different way. It is hard to define Liberal and Conservative, though. All I know is I disagree (respectfully, of course) with most of her ideas, and I'm the first person Mrs. Liberal looks to for a Conservative in the class. I think it's pretty cool, being of the opposing idea. I don't speak out enough, though, because she probably knows what she's talking about better than I do. Anything I could say she could most likely conter. BUT I STILL DISAGREE MWAHAHA! We often joke around that the Broad family has two family mottoes, "Obnoxious in victory, sultry in defeat" and "Often wrong, but never in doubt." It's just a joke, but a good one!
Anyway, that's the news for this week, and the family history lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home