Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I love downhill skiing

I love downhill skiing. I've been skiing ever since my dad could find skis small enough to fit me. I can't quite parallel ski, but I'm pretty close. I can ski down black diamonds pretty easily. They're really fun! At least, to crazy people like myself. It can really get annoying when your goggles get fogged up and you can't see if you leave them on and snow flies in your face when you take them off. It's still really fun though. I have never tried snowboarding though... I might someday but not anytime soon probably. I enjoy skiing too much.
Last weekend, starting Friday, was the Youth Ski Trip at Snowshoe. We left at around 4:30 pm and ate dinner on the way up. I enjoyed the trip (whaddya expect? you did see the other post right?). It got dark after a while though so there wasn't much to see. Once we got up there... well, it was cold. We got to our rooms about 12:30 in the morning, and went to bed asap. Noname and superman were in my room, along with noname's dad. The next morning we got our ski rentals and started skiing! We had tons of fun the first day, but we didn't go on any really difficult slopes. There was one that was kind of hard, but not too difficult. We went to a pretty nice restaurant for lunch called The Junction, went skiing some more (me, Noname, and superman went together), and eventually came back to the room at the last possible moment. I went with T Ravvv to dinner at Foxfire, where we came across something interesting. They had a sauce called "Eastern Carolina Sauce." Now, I've lived in eastern NC for my whole life, and I have NEVER heard of that! Have you? Maybe it's an out of state thing. Wish I knew what it was... should have tried some. Anyway, we got over the whole sauce thing and went ahead eating. The next day we went skiing again, but we went on some harder courses. We went on a double black diamond (hardest type of slope), although it was really easy. It was rated like that because it was a terrain park. Not a great one either... just a bunch of moguls. We also went on Cup Run, a black diamond that deserved it, Choker, and another black diamond. Three black diamonds, just so's ya kno. Then, after lunch, we went to Silver Creek and skiied there for a while. It was pretty fun, but definitely not as hard as the Snowshoe main slopes. That night we went night skiing! It was SO FOGGY! You couldn't see 30 feet in front of you, goggles or no goggles. My goggles got foggy too, so I really couldn't see. Nevertheless, I did jumps and enjoyed skiing straight down the mountain. I didn't fall once either SO HA! The next morning we left at around 9:40 am. It was -4 in the morning, so when we put our bags in the van our hands nearly froze off. At least mine did. I was the moron without gloves. The trip back was really nice, because you could see the snow everywhere and all. Listening to good music with a beautiful view- does it really get any better? We got home ok, talked to Fuzzy for a while, unpacked, checked the latest redvsblue stuff, wrote an essay for school, did other homework, and went to bed. Today it snowed! We got out of school early. We didn't have Logos though. Tomorrow we may have a delay... or even no school. I'm kind of neutral on that... we will either have school tomorrow or some other make-up day. Doesn't really make a difference.
So, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home