Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I love to sail

I love to sail. For years I built boats out of wood and mylar (a thin plastic material used for solid blueprints in architecture we used for sails; doesn't get wet and works great). We would tie the simple boats to long strings my old friend's dad used to get at his job. He worked at a textile factory as the human resources officer. Looking back, I guess that was a good setup. I got the sails, he got the strings, we found the wood or used bottles for hulls. We would tie the strings to the backs of the boats and reel them back in when we were ready to go home or wanted to move. I don't have many of the ships now. My friend took his and some of mine broke. Mostly my parents didn't want to clutter the garage, so I only have one left, I think. It's my best though. It took me a while to make, and I think it turned out nicely. Well, at least accounting for the fact that I made it several years ago. Even so, it's a nice boat. Three masts, nice setup, not a fast boat but more for looks. Sinks low in the water though, but it works. Of course, I don't use it now that I have the Myth. That's my remote controlled Victoria class model sailboat. Dad got one too. We don't use them that often though... I kind of lost interest, as I do in many things over time. My grandfather used to have a nice sailing yacht. Two bedrooms, kitchen, etc. We used to sail as much as possible, we tried to every time we went up there. It was fun. I guess that's where it all started. We used to go on five hour trips before we went to Tides Lodge to get the boat most of the way up there with my grandfather. I always enjoyed it. He sold the boat a few years before he died.
Been a while, hasn't it? Wow I've been busy. What is it, almost two weeks? Trust me, I have been busy. I'll write more often now, I think I'll have more free time, but I don't say that with confidence. I went to Logos on Wednesday, don't remember the topic or anything about it though. As for xbox live... well to make a long story short I don't have it. The long story is I got the cord and Dad told me to get a different kind and run it under the house and we haven't gotten any further. I still have the old cord; haven't gotten a chance to return it. I beat Halo 2 on normal a while ago. Friday (don't remember Thursday) was busy. After school I had Science Olympiad, then went straight from there to Chessy's birthday party, then to the church for youth babysitting, then home and went to bed. Oh yeah, lots of free time. Of course I can't complain, it was after all a birthday party and I had a friend there (superman) and youth babysitting is fun. Saturday I had to go to the School of Math and Science for Open House. It's a very nice school, I would love to go there. The only thing is that the school is in Durham. I don't know if I would want to go or not yet. I'm going to apply though. Just after the Open House I went to Fuzzy's house for his sixteenth birthday party. All his friends from Faith Christian were there, the only people I knew were his family, a good friend of Fuzzy's and two or three other people. Sunday my grandmother came over and we went to see Chessy's Nutcracker performance. It was pretty good. Saw an old (as in 8th grade) friend (as in person I had classes with) there. She goes to Faith Christian but couldn't go to Fuzzy's party because of (duh) Nutcracker practice. Grandmother spent the night at our house and I slept in the great room. I couldn't go to prayer breakfast in the morning because it would be too difficult. Monday was Dad's birthday. Tuesday was the last day of school that week and it was a half day yay! I went to Archon's after school and spent the night in Autumncity. We beat the game on Heroic. I came home on Wednesday and Almon came over for a while. We tried to beat the game on Legendary for (literally) hours but to no avail. We failed. I don't plan to try that again anytime soon, it seems impossible. Thursday was Thanksgiving! We had lunch at Grandmother's with my mother's family, and then left for Hampton, VA. When we got there we had Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's family. Two Thanksgiving meals in one day! On Friday we went to see "National Treasure," a pretty good movie. Not quite as corny as I expected it to be, but still; an invisible map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? Saturday was the big game. And when I say the big game I mean the only game of any sport the outcome of which matters to me. Virginia Tech Hokies vs University of Virginia Cavaliers. My dad went to VT, but his sister went to UVA. Thus, we have a rivalry. I support VT, even more that my dad does actually. UVA won last year (for about the first time in twenty years). We were in the stadium for the first time ever. When we knew for sure VT was going to lose we left so we could get out before the crowds. This year though, VT WINS 24-10! The score was zip-zip until halfway through the third quarter I think. UVA scored and got the field goal, then VT got a field goal, then VT scored three times and UVA got a field goal somewhere in there. Go Hokies! Sunday we left for home. About 15 minutes after we got home Aramaia came into town, so we went to sail our two remote-controlled model sailboats. Even with a couple disasters (it happens every time trust me) we still had some fun. You see, we lost control of my sailboat and it got stuck on the island and the Blast (really fast motorboat) ran out of batteries before we could bring it back in. So we had two boats stuck in the water. In a few hours the Blast would have made it to the other side (no joke) but the Myth (my boat) was stuck. For the first time in my life the city had a boat there planning to go work on the lights for Christmas. They went out in their boat and got our two back when we asked them. What a blessing. Aramaia and her family left for Verdeciudad at around four o'clock. I did my homework when I got home (hadn't had ANY time until then) and went to bed. Monday I went to prayer breakfast at Bojangles and started this post when I got home. Tuesday I had a horrible headache. I couldn't do anything until pretty late. I did my homework and went to bed at that point. And that brings us to today. Do you see how busy I've been? And here I am posting on Wednesday, the busiest day of the week for me, except (maybe) Sunday. I'll write more often if I have time. By the way, I started a new blog today I'm calling "Deeper Thoughts." I'll be posting about just things I've been thinking about, in a deeper context than you may normally think. I hope it will turn out well.
That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home