Sunday, April 03, 2005

I love Blue Man Group

I love Blue Man Group. I've been a fan since our family saw their show in New York last summer. It was awesome, one of my favorite highlights of our trip. You can go here to look at some of what they do. It's kind of like a mime comedy, but... kind of not. For one, it's BETTER than mime. For two, they are blue, not red and white. For three, IT'S JUST DIFFERENT OK? They have three CDs, one of which I have, and two of which I want.

The Complex is the CD I have, and at the time I bought it, it was the newest. I love it, but whenever I tell anyone about it, no one cares. Of course, no one even thinks I listen to music, so most people probably think any music I listen to must be boring. I let Wheezy listen to it not long ago, though, and he loved it. I'm going to burn it for him sooner or later; that is, as soon as he gets me a CD to burn it to. Anyway, GO LISTEN TO BLUE MAN GROUP NOW!
It's been a while... again... I know. I tried to post on the week of the 24th, but didn't get to. Then I was out of town, but I'll talk about that later. Well, Wednesday the 16th was Logos, so I'll start with that. Since we finished "I, Robot" the week before, we discussed it. We talked about the three laws of robotics, and what the three laws of today's society would be. We also FINALLY talked about my question. It was "Is Baptism a necessary part of becoming a Christian?" We had differing opinions (always nice) but our youth leader said he thinks it is not necessary, unless you personally do not feel that you will be saved unless you are baptized. In other words, if you don't think it's necessary, then that is fine, but if you do, then it is. That is basically what I believe now. That was our last discussion for Logos of the year, since we wouldn't be having Bible Study on the last Logos. As for the rest of the week, well, it's been two weeks, so I have no idea. We did start reading "Siddhartha" on Friday in English, though. I finished it pretty quickly. It was a good book, but it was about Buddhism, so not that great. Fuzzy came over Friday afternoon, and I went to his house on Sunday. Wednesday the 23d was the last Logos. I'll miss it, but not so much because I'll be at Oneighty. I wonder if they have Halo 2 there yet... Thursday I talked to Aramaia for the last time before tonight, since she was going to the Virgin Islands; St. Thomas to be more specific, and wouldn't be back until yesterday. I didn't get back until 2:30 this morning, so we're going to talk tonight. I also looked online and found an old friend's telephone number! The idea just came to me then. I called even though it was late (it's three hours earlier in Oregon where he is now) but didn't get him. We didn't have school Friday. I watched the second part of the Season Finale for both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Saturday we left for Emerald Isle. We had a really nice cottage there. The trip was with my dad's side of the family, so my grandmother, uncle, aunt, cousin, his grandmother, and their friend were there. The cottage was three floors and had an elevator, a wide screen TV, a heated pool, a hot tub, and a smaller TV in nearly every room. Needless to say, I had fun. We went to Yana's one day, went go-karting, putt-putt, etc. We also went to my old minister's church in Beaufort. You see, he was at a church here when we left, and he was transferred to Beaufort after we left. It was good to see him again. I got a couple CDs for Easter along with candy and LOTS OF ANDES! I have around five packs of andes with at least 12 in each pack now. That's all I wanted for candy anyway. The two CDs were Breaking Benjamin: Saturate and Goo Goo Dolls: Gutterflower. I wanted two other CDs from those bands, but due to miscommunication I got those two. It's ok, they're both awesome CDs anyway, but it doesn't scratch the other two off my list!

We also watched a great movie called "Lorna Doone." I only brought my Xbox, so my cousin and I played Halo 2 and Battlefront a lot on the Big Screen TV. My dad and my uncle also played pool a lot, and we played foosball a couple times as well. We went swimming in the pool one time, but even a heated pool was too cold the second time we tried because it was so windy. We did go in the hot tub though. It was painful getting out though. I got a call while we were there from my old friend! We'll call him Engineer, since that is what he wants to be. I hadn't talked to him in three years I think, so we took a while to catch up. He's been doing well, and he's still the genius he always was. We were best friends when he lived here. He's actually the reason I want to be an engineer. We always used to design machines and build model sailboats together. The conversation ended when one of us lost connection, and when I called back no one answered. I went back to playing and all of a sudden got a voicemail (the connection was so bad I never actually got the call) from Engineer, but I haven't called back yet. I plan to call later tonight, since it's still reasonably early in Oregon. It's hard to find time to talk to an old friend when you're vacationing out of town. I think that's most of what happened at Emerald Isle though. I had a great time. I actually got to sit down for about an hour and do nothing but listen to music and watch and listen to the ocean (yes I could still hear it with the headphones on). I love to have time to just think like that. That's the reason I enjoy long trips, unless people are WATCHING MOVIES the whole trip that DISTRACT ME... I'll explain later. I didn't really think about much that could go on Deeper Thinking, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. LOL- Mom came out after about 20 minutes and said "Did Dad force you to go outside or what?" After I told her I was just relaxing, she sat down with me and read. We left for home on Wednesday since I was leaving for New York that night. On the way home we made one last stop (with everyone still with us) at Tryon Palace in New Bern. We went on a tour of the palace as a group with a very good tour guide. It was interesting, and I was glad I got the chance to go. I can only imagine what the gardens look like in the summer. I took a few pictures of the large garden, but they were on my film camera, so I can't post them. I can post this one that Dad took though.



That was a beautiful garden. I took pictures of the full garden, but as I said, they are on film. Once we were done in New Bern, we left the rest of the family there and went home. I wanted to post then, but Chessy was on the computer most of the time I had. I packed and left for RMHS that night. However, for the NYC trip, I wish to make another post, since I brought my digital camera and want to post the pics I took.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home