Sunday, June 26, 2005

I do not want an iPod

I do not want an iPod,



or an iPod shuffle,



or an iPod mini,



or an iPod photo.



Fuzzy tells me that he knows two people that could actually use one. Apparently I am one of the two, and the other already has one. Personally, I am satisfied with my $50 Walkman. If an iPod was $100, it might be worth it. As it stands, the iPod shuffle goes for $100, but it only holds 240 songs. You see, I have something closer to 580 songs. The iPod mini can hold 1000 or 1500 songs, but it costs $200 or $250. I am not willing to pay that much to carry around a mini hard drive as opposed to two cd cases and a cd player. It just doesn't matter that much to me. The iPod or iPod photo costs $300 or $350, which is just pointless. For now, I'm sticking with my Walkman.
This is a late post, because the post on mission trip was... quite extensive. The week before last (12th - 18th of June) was pretty uneventful, but here are a few highlights. The week was mostly dominated by three appointments I had on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. I also worked constantly on the DC trip post throughout the week. From what I hear, my youth leader is planning to send out a link to that post though, so maybe it was worth it. If that's where you got the link to this site, then HELLO FUMY REVOLUTION! Wednesday I went to the mall to get a few new cds and I also went to Oneighty as usual. Not much out of the ordinary there. As for music, the cds were


Coldplay
X&Y


Five For Fighting
America Town


Incubus
Morning View

There had been posters everywhere in DC about X&Y, and since I am a Coldplay fan, I had to buy that one. I also found that I liked Five For Fighting's The Battle For Everything, so I wanted to buy America Town. As for Incubus, well, they were on the Halo 2 soundtrack and I already had the other bands featured, and I had heard of them before. Good music - I especially like the last track. Thursday Archon had scheduled a sleepover for him, Fuzzy, Wheezy, and I. I went to Fuzzy's and we drove from his house to Archon's out in Autumncity (separately, since I was going to bring Wheezy back the next day, but he was arriving late Thursday because he had work - you know how new driver's licenses work, only one non-family member in the car, so Fuzzy, Wheezy and I couldn't drive in one car). We set up two tents there, Archon's and mine, and put an xbox and tv in each one. Yep, we played Halo in tents. That is the TRUE definition of camping. We all had a great time, and, yes, made some good memories. In other words, Wheezy forgot his pills (or ignored them, not sure which). Friday we came back home and I drove Wheezy to his house. I stayed there for a bit and came back to my house. Saturday I realized that I had forgotten a quite important cd! Then I thought about it a bit and decided to buy two other cds also. The cds were


Black Eyed Peas
Monkey Business


Brand New
Deja Entendu


Lifehouse

Lifehouse was the cd I really wanted, but I had heard about the new BEP cd and I had heard a lot about Brand New and decided to give that a try. Saturday I packed for the beach trip, and that is where I drop off here and start the beach trip post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home