Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My birthday is today!

My birthday is today! Finally 16... That really makes you think, reflect, you know. You begin to remember the days when 16 was the mark of growing up, and getting your license nothing but a dream not to be fulfilled until far, far into the future. Yet, it's here. It's happening. Kind of changes your perspective to realize that; that if you're going to do something, you actually have a time limit. The more you think about it, the more you realize: there is no tomorrow, there is no yesterday, there is only now, an ever changing present that is in fact omnipresent. It can be no more changed than man can travel through time. Through the perception of man, we come to a visual image of the present as a dimension that is always moving, and that the past and the future, they are there, undiscovered. But that is not so. The present is the same as the past and the future. They are all present in this dimension in unison. That's enough thought though- if you want that sort of writing, go to deeper thinking. I'll probably be updating soon enough. As for my birthday, as earlier mentioned, it is my sixteenth, and I'll most likely be getting my license tomorrow. My parents are giving me the Chrysler Concorde, which as much as I may complain, is in fact not a bad car at all. They gave me a CD player to go with it, which turned out to be pretty awesome.
Well, for the most part I worked on my gigantic enormous essay due Friday all through last week. Final word count: 4,787. Increased to 4,878 when revised, and subsequently cut to 4,029. I went to Oneighty on Wednesday, but not much else interesting happened through the week. Friday I went with Fuzzy to go see Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was quite funny, but in the random, stupid way, if you know what I mean. It basically made fun of sci-fi in general. Saturday was my birthday party! I had a good time, and I hope everyone else did. Aramaia did come, but Amba couldn't. We played Halo 2, looked at pics (which I may post later, we'll see), and even played Capture the Flag outside when it got dark. Sunday was Youth Sunday, so I helped with communion, that is to say, I held the bread and said "The body of Christ, broken for you" to quite literally half the chapel. Sunday afternoon I decided to rest since I worked so much on the essay. Lol- not really, considering how much Aramaia does. Monday- nothing interesting. Yesterday was the A Banquet, and I actually got to go this year! Last year, I got a B in two classes because of one project (linked to two classes) the directions of which were not made clear. That is, I understood it one way, but the teachers explained it a different way *after we turned them in.* Anyway, not much interesting happened at the banquet, at least nothing of mention. Today, as previously mentioned, is my birthday! It's been a pretty good day, but annoyingly normal. Well, sort of. Amba gave me a present, which turned out to be a card, a photo holder, and a bunch of quarters... interesting, but good. Grandmother came over and gave me her gift, two CDs, which will soon be added to every list imaginable. They were Blue Man Group: Audio and Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone. Good stuff. To explain the list thing, I have two physical lists of music, as well as every CD I have downloaded to my computer and xbox and a list of CDs in my BuddyProfile. Still working on getting them all updated... I also went to go see Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy once again today since my mom and Chessy hadn't seen it. Just as good the second time: at the least, you notice more. Of course, that seems to be true of most movies. I have also been keeping up with a site called OurColony lately, but I will post on that later, perhaps tonight. For now, I need to do homework, check live, and read the Bible. I guess that's it up until this nonexistant moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home